We would like to send and receive SMS messages for contacts in Salesforce.com. The outgoing SMS message will be configurable and will be tracked against the contact record including all responses. Recipients of the message must be able to SMS a response back to the system and be attached to the sending contact’s record.
Create a new custom object to store SMS messages
- Each message will contain a message text, date of the message was sent.
- Messages will be stored as a related list to contacts.
- Incoming and outgoing messages will be stored in this list.
Sending a message
- Select a contact to send SMS to. Contact must have a mobile phone and SMS enables = true (this field must be added to the contact)
- Messages will only be sent in the ANSI character set.
- Messages length must be less than or equal to 160 characters.
- Provide opt-out functionality. If a person texts STOP (case insentive), update their contact record to opt out of SMS messages. Set SMS enabled = false
- Store the date of the message, text of the message and the sender.
- The incoming message will be stored to a contact based on the sender's phone number.
Upload all your source code as a zip (you can simply zip up your Eclipse project for convenience) and provide any documentation and/or instructions that are needed. An SWF video of your application using Jing would also be helpful but not required.
Your submission will be judged by a panel of peers based upon this criteria. If you would like to request an extension, please read Can challenge deadlines be extended for more time? on our FAQ. We do not want to grant extensions unless there is a valid reason.
If you plan on using Twilio and are a non US participant please read this.
See the Twilio SMS Quickstart for a ... quick start.
You may also consider using TwilioForce as it may contain much of the configuration already for Twilio.
Install the CloudSpokes Chrome Extension for quick and easy access to the latest CloudSpokes challenges, your payments, leaderboards and more!