One of the rules of nature is large organizations re-organize all of the time. It seems to even happen multiple times a year! When this happens, ownerships of documents and folders change hands. Fortunately in the cloud we no longer need to move large file cabinets, just a few permission bits. Help us streamline switching documents.
- This application will be written in Java and deployed to Google Application
- This library will be accessed from a Java servlet and will work asynchronously utilizing Google Task Queues.
- Provide one function
--- ChangePermissions(google docs URL, accountToChangeOwnerTo ) returns a list of files changed and unchanged.
--- This function will recursively change the owner for all files and folders recursively in the collection.- The most efficient way to accomplish this task is to use Task Queues.
- A named queue will be created for Folders and for files.
- The Folder queue logic will extract all files and add each file to the file queue. If there is a sub folder, the logic will add the folder back to the folder queue.
- The File queue will change the file owner to the new account
--- Additionally the existing owners will be removed.- Create a queue or data store to store errors
--- Provide retry logic- Return a list of all files changed and a list of all files unchanges to the calling logic.
Upload all your source code as a zip and provide any documentation and/or instructions that are needed. Please be clear and concise with any setup instructions.
An SWF video of your application using Jing would also be helpful but not required.
Your submission will be judged by a panel of peers based upon this criteria. If you would like to request an extension, please read Can challenge deadlines be extended for more time? on our FAQ. We do not want to grant extensions unless there is a valid reason.
If code from this previous challenge helps, please let us know and we can share it.
Install the CloudSpokes Chrome Extension for quick and easy access to the latest CloudSpokes challenges, your payments, leaderboards and more!