Build a 'Viral' Game - Redux
Build a simple HTML5 game that 'goes viral' and makes you an instant celebrity! Honestly though, we are trying to have some fun in the corporate world and piggybacking off our Customer Satisfaction Survey challenge
to create something simple and appealing to gamers of all ages.
Your game should be so simple that even a child could play. What would a hamburger or pizza franchise like to see in a game? Perhaps something where you build a pizza or hamburger, flick a burger wrapper into a trash can or possibly dunk donuts into a coffee cup. This is your chance to use your imagination, have some fun and make some money.
This doesn't have to be a mobile game but that would be an added bonus. Take a look at some of the PhoneGap games for inspiration.
At the end of the game, save a player's score to Database.com using a small app hosted on Heroku.
Build a fun and interactive game for a franchise so that patrons from each location can compete against one another. At the end of the game, upload the player's score to a franchise location that they choose.
1. Must use Heroku and Database.com to add records to the correct account.
2. Must be able to select the location (account) from Heroku app
3. Assume the Account field is lat__c and lng__c
4. Player's scores should be inserted into a custom object called score__c which is associated to the account (store location) and contact (the patron's record) via REST api
5. Use the streaming API to show realtime score via the Heroku app.
6. Create a leaderboard per location or across all locations.
7. Offer and store points for registered users who use the app.
8. Use google or facebook for authentication.
9. Use HTML5 so app can run on mobile device.
Your application can use any language supported by heroku. However, we would like to see some ruby submissions using the databasedotcom gem
Upload all your source code as a zip and provide any documentation and/or instructions that are needed. Please be clear and concise with any setup instructions.
A video of your application using Jing or Youtube would also be helpful but not required.
Ease of use and installation is an important factor here so please be sure to include these instructions.
Your submission will be judged by a panel of peers based upon this criteria. If you
would like to request an extension, please read Can challenge deadlines be extended for more time? on our FAQ. We do not want to grant extensions
unless there is a valid reason.
Node.js Demo with Force.com REST API, OAuth & Express
The discussion board is closed for this challenge.